Sunday, January 22, 2012

Elizabeth and Ella

Ok, so the real reason for this blog, Elizabeth and Ella (E and E).  Elizabeth is in the first grade and is 6 years old.  Ella is in kindergarten and is 5 years old.  They are 15 months apart in age, which sometimes is great, when they get along, but it is also hard because they are often fighting because they are together way too much. 
I thought I’d share some of the funny things that have come out their mouths the past couple weeks. 
Elizabeth
Elizabeth is in her second year of Girl Scouts, they meet in one of the Sunday school rooms at our church.   This past Tuesday, while they were having a snack, Elizabeth began to sing, no big deal right?  Wrong.  Well, they were having drinks in a certain color of cup…  Now I don’t know how many of you listen to country music but we listen to it a lot, obviously.  Elizabeth proceeded to sing as loud as she could Toby Keith’s song, Red Solo Cup.  Red Solo Cup, I fill you up, let’s have a party, let’s have a party.  We have already explained to her that Red Solo Cup is not a school appropriate song, but we forgot to mention that it really shouldn’t be sung in church.
Ella
Ella is doing great in kindergarten and she is so proud of her school work.  Well, a week and half ago I had the flu and I was trying really hard to just function.  Anyways, Ella was showing me her school work when so very excitedly shout out , “I got my period!”
What?” I said (you can imagine what my thought was)
“I got my period!” “Right here at the end of this sentence!”
A Conversation Between Elizabeth and Ella
On Friday the girls went and had their hair cut.  While my good friend Lana was cutting Ella’s hair she asked Elizabeth what she got for Christmas.   Elizabeth named off quite a few of her Christmas presents then she told Lana that she got a diary and Ella said it wasn’t a diary it was diarrhea!   

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!! Im sure I will have very similar stories between the boys....oh my!

    ReplyDelete