Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January 25th

So this morning I get to school and I see the school counselor, and of couse she had an Ella story for me.  Imagine that, Ella is the child that I’m kind of surprised that I haven’t had to have a talk with the principal yet.  Anyways, one of the kindergarteners must have had a birthday, so the counselor was asking the kid how old he was, he answered nineteen, what said the counselor I didn’t realize that you were that old.  Then she asked the class the most dangerous question.  “How old do you think I am?”  One of the kids figured she was 29 but Ella just looked at her classmates and INFORMED them that she (the counselor) was 138 years old! 
Tonight at supper Elizabeth informed us that she didn’t like her name.  I explained that her name is very special, it is mommy’s middle name plus it is Aunt Ellie given name.  Then I asked her why don’t you like your name?  “It takes me too long to write it on my paper, you know it has nine whole letters in it!"
Just an update:  late yesterday afternoon Ella had yet another eye check up in Ogallala.  For those of you that don’t know her right eye is weaker than her left eye, I don't know what it is called, but the eye doctor doesn't call it an lazy eye.  So she has to wear a patch for 2 hours every day.  She does really great, I have the alarm on my cell phone set so that it goes off at 4:30 and then it goes off again at 6:30.  We are so proud of her, I can only remember one time that she cried and cried because she didn’t want to wear her patch.  Last night when we got done, I had to stop by the drug store to buy more patches, I climbed back in the Tahoe and asked her if she wanted to put her patch on.   She just looked at me and said, “Mom, I don’t want to wear my patch while we are out to eat, I don’t like that everyone asks me why I have to wear it, but I’ll wear it when we are driving home.”  I just continue to pray that she will continue to make progress.  Too bad that she as inherited my sever astigmatism also.  I’m planning on having LASIKs done soon to “correct” mine, I just wish that there was something more that we could do for Ella.
Love-N-Prayers,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment